AUTUMN SERIES: Unpopular Autumn opinions

21/09/2018
Unpopular Autumn Opinions

Autumn, my favourite season! But we can’t love it all, here’s a few of my unpopular opinions when it comes to Autumn.

Hot drinks

Suddenly everyone is in hot drink mode, there’s pumpkin and cinnamon flavours coming at me from left, right and centre. And I’m sorry guys, I really really am, more to myself than to you, but I just DON’T LIKE HOT DRINKS. I know, I’m broken, wrong, inhuman. I wish I liked them, but I just don’t. So when it’s freezing out and everyone else is warming up with a hot chocolate, I’m there with my mango iced cooler.

The weather

I loooooveee autumn weather as much as the next person, but it’s also the season of do I, don’t I weather. You can’t wear a jumper out, because you can bet you’ll need to take it off half way through the day. It can’t make it’s mind up. I would either know if it was hot or cold outside.
Looking outside to the rain whilst I’m cosy in my room reading is a brilliant feeling. But when you have to be outside in the rain and it’s dark and miserable, it’s a different matter. The sunshine fuels me, it makes me happy .The dark skies and rain make me feel cosy, I love looking at the rain. But there’s only so long that can last for before I need a little sunshine to give me a smile.

Feeling like you have to read/watch horror books/films

I really like watching a well done horror film, or reading a scary book. But I feel like there’s a real expectation that you have to read them at this time of year. My TBR works on a basis of just picking up the next book I fancy. I feel there’s always a need to read the horror/witchy reads in the Autumn, which is great, but what if you just don’t fancy it. It feels like there’s pressure to jump on the band wagon of some of the Autumn reads.

Christmas prep

The start of early Christmas prep seems to rear it’s premature head in Autumn. I’m a big Christmas fan, I love feeling festive, but I think that starting those celebrations now are too early. I’d say November would be better, starting in September makes me think we’ll all be sick of Christmas by the time December rolls around. Thankfully this isn’t the case, but still, let’s make it special by not celebrating it as soon as Summer is over.

So there’s my list! I have to be honest, I struggled to come up with any more after the first few because I love Autumn so much. But I thought it’d be fun to list a few things that aren’t quite perfect about the season, other than the silent ‘n’ at the end of the word. Who am I kidding though, it’s the perfect time for readers to grab a book, a blanket and a candle and get cosy for these darker evenings!

Unpopular Autumn Opinions

You Might Also Like

12 Comments

• Reply Mitzi 21/09/2018 at 8:30 pm

I hate hot drinks, too! I thought I was the only one. 😮

• Reply BooksNest 22/09/2018 at 9:23 am

Ahhh I’ve found another! I will never not be sick of people offering me tea.

• Reply Kristina 22/09/2018 at 3:17 am

Interresting list !

i’m actually the opposite for hot drinks.. I used not to like it, but now I take them even in hot sweaty summer days, ahah!
    So ready for fresh fall weather.. but I get what you’re saying – though to be honest any seasons is like that in Canada.. so eeeeh. ahaha agreed ! wonderful when you stays in, but if you need out then that’s a bummer..

I’m not one to be festive .. so i’ll take the social “pressure” of witchy/horror themed stuff over christmassy ones xD even if yes.. im born the second day after christmas, woops.

• Reply BooksNest 22/09/2018 at 9:24 am

I can’t wait for the weather either! I love the leaves falling etc, but yeah it makes going out a little bit tricky!

• Reply Erin @ Lavish Literature 22/09/2018 at 8:51 pm

I’m the opposite when it comes to hot drinks; I’ll happily drink hot tea all summer long, haha. I completely agree that there’s pressure to be in the “spooky” mood, though – I love Halloween but get scared way too easily by horror movies/books, so it’s hard to find a good balance!

• Reply BooksNest 26/09/2018 at 3:00 pm

I wish I liked hot drinks, it looks so cosy to cuddle up with one on an Autumn or Winter evening!

• Reply Susan 25/09/2018 at 12:12 pm

Can’t live without hot tea, but I do agree on the weather. I love fall because I get to wear my favorite clothes (sweaters and coats) BUT it’s not consistent at all so yeah you end up having to shed the layers. Where I live, it’s difficult to tell how to dress >.< lol

• Reply BooksNest 26/09/2018 at 3:01 pm

I wish the weather was more consistent! If I’m wearing a jumper I don’t want to feel like I need to strip it off half way through my day.

• Reply Effie 27/09/2018 at 7:15 am

Yep hot drinks are no way as good as cold drinks in my opinion ☺️ And I totally get the trouble with choosing what to wear – it’s so frustrating!! You plan an outfit and then the next minute you have to change it depending on the weather 😬 but if do LOVE autumn it is most definitely my favourite month ☺️

• Reply BooksNest 27/09/2018 at 3:55 pm

Yesss! I just want to wear a jumper and continue to wear it throughout the day. I loooveee Autumn so much, it’s such a cosy season!

• Reply Lyddie J 27/09/2018 at 3:11 pm

I’ve never encountered the need to watch/read horror but then again, it’s only in the last couple of years that I’ve hung around people who like that genre.

But the “what do I wear?!” conundrum is such a major pain in the butt this time of year because I struggle to regulate my body temperature so I can be nice and cosy outside in a jumper then the second I step into a shop, who all seem to whack their heating to 11, I’m ready to pass out in minutes.

• Reply BooksNest 27/09/2018 at 4:00 pm

I feel your pain, I just want to know what to wear in this kind of weather. It’s been back to being hot again this week for me too, I want jumper weather!