TV Shows I’m currently obsessed with

23/11/2018

I am not a binge watcher, but I have really been enjoying some shows on TV/streaming services recently. You’ll probably have seen a few of these on my monthly wrap ups, but here’s the shows I’m loving at the moment.

The Good Place

This show is SO GOOD! It’s weird, it breaks the mould and it’s so random. You can never guess where it’s going to go and I love that about it. It’s about ‘the Good Place’, essentially heaven, which means anything is possible anyway, this show really has no restrictions. It’s endlessly creative, it has some really fab and varied characters and it’s always good fun. Plus, the episodes are only 20 minutes each so it’s a really easy show to binge in a short amount of time.

Crazy Ex Girlfriend

Another weird show, but a very funny one. This is a musical TV show, which usually I wouldn’t go for, but the songs are so catchy and you just can’t not love it. It’s following Rebecca as she is truly a crazy ex girlfriend. It’s fun, it’s easy viewing, it’s random and weird and it certainly makes me laugh. The more recent series have dropped of the edge a bit for me, but I’ve really enjoyed the first two. Warning, you will not be able to get the songs from this out of your head for weeks, maybe even months.

American Horror Story

This one is a little darker, but still just as bizarre. The beauty of this show is that each series is different, they’re all set in the same world and have some overlaps, but really you’re getting something new every time. It’s totally original and I love how it all comes together. Each series feels like another opportunity to fall in love with the show and it’s certainly keeping me entertained and guessing what’s going to happen next. This one perhaps isn’t good if you aren’t a fan of blood, gore and horror.

Big Mouth

This show. What. My boyfriend and I watched one episode and now it’s our go to easy watching. It’s about kids going through puberty, it’s animated and it’s incredibly crude and blunt, which makes it very funny. I suppose you could put it in the Family Guy and American Dad category in its target audience. The humour is dark and the content is certainly not for children, but man is it funny. Every time we watch an episode we’re left thinking what did we just watch?

Brooklyn 99

I haven’t watched very far into this one yet, but this is an easy replacement for Friends or The Big Bang Theory. There are familiar characters, a familiar setting, comedy, it’s a good show. Everyone raves about it and I think the reactions are justified. It’s all about American cops and their day to day work lives, but of course they all love to take the piss out of each other and have their own unique and somewhat twisted personalities.

What shows are you really enjoying at the moment? Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

• Reply Sofia 24/11/2018 at 12:02 am

Adding a couple of these to my list! I’m a sucker for going back and watching through my old faves (aka Grey’s Anatomy and FRIENDS) haha! Also a huge fan of The Crown!

x Sofia

• Reply BooksNest 26/11/2018 at 1:46 pm

Love Friends! Nearly finished season 2 of The Crown, it’s definitely a goodun!

• Reply Charvi Koul 24/11/2018 at 6:12 am

Omg yes I love B99! It’s so diverse and funny and just simply amazing 😍

• Reply BooksNest 26/11/2018 at 1:46 pm

Yesss, I love it so much, so funny and easy to watch!

• Reply chelsea w 24/11/2018 at 3:05 pm

Crazy Ex Girlfriend is AMAZING. I love how it is fun but at the same time, it touches on hard topics as well. AHS is good as well but I couldn’t get into the seasons of Hotel and I wasn’t fond of Cult. And what can I say about The Good Place other than it’s forking good? Lol. I’ve recently been watching Claws and, while skeptical I wouldn’t like it at first, I’ve been drawn into it. The Bold Type is one I just finished; it was funny and I was able to relate to it.

• Reply BooksNest 26/11/2018 at 1:46 pm

I agree with AHS Hotel and Cult, those ones both lost me a bit. But I feel like they’ve brought it back really well now. Thanks for the other recommendations, I’ll try to check them out!

• Reply Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction 25/11/2018 at 2:55 am

I’ve been loving The Good Place. My daughter and I watch it together, and we look forward to it every week!

• Reply BooksNest 26/11/2018 at 1:44 pm

It’s so much fun isn’t it!

• Reply Cora @ Tea Party Princess 27/11/2018 at 1:29 pm

I love The Good Place and Brooklyn 99 – they’re such funny shows and always cheer me up and make me laugh.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

• Reply BooksNest 28/11/2018 at 8:22 pm

I agree, they’re the perfect pick me up shows!

• Reply Lauren 01/12/2018 at 2:00 am

yes! american horror story, i have such a love/hate relationship w it and s8e1 was boring but i saw some gifs on twitter that made me try again and then i watched 6 episdoes in a day lmao. better go back adn finish it this weekend too

• Reply BooksNest 01/12/2018 at 9:05 am

Just finished Apocalypse and LOVED IT! Much better series than some of the other recent ones.

• Reply Emmanuelle 11/12/2018 at 2:35 pm

I’ve put Brooklyn 99 on my watch list on Netflix
    Anne with an E (based on Anne of Green Gables)
    Designated survivor
    13 reasons why
    The Crown
    Bates motel
    Grace and Frankie
    Sherlock
    How To Get Away with Murder
    Amazon
    The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
    Sneaky Pete
    Bosch
    Those are the shows I watched or have been watching this year.