Today is my 23rd birthday, so I thought I’d share 23 things I have learnt in my 23 years!
1) Diets come and go, it’s much better to learn to love your body and to be healthy
2) Follow the important rules e.g. the law, but feel free to break some of the less important ones along the way
3) It’s totally okay to not know what you want to do, if you’re getting experience whilst discovering that then you’re using your time wisely
4) You never know when an opportunity will be taken from you, so make the most of it whilst you have it
5) Go to the hairdressers to get your hair dyed, it works out looking much better and doesn’t stain your bathroom
6) Be different, don’t give a damn about what the people around you think, don’t follow the crowd
7) Stay in contact with as many friends as possible, you never know when you’ll need them
8) Don’t expect to suddenly be a pro at something, it takes time to build up to really knowing what your doing
9) Don’t try and force an interest in something, if you don’t love it, don’t do it
10) Spend money to do things properly, don’t get the cheap seats for the show, pay for the full experience
11) Save some percentage of your income, even if it’s only tiny
12) Dance when you get the opportunity, it’s great fun and it isn’t embarrassing to anyone
13) People all change at different rates, it’s okay to move on
14) It’s okay to take time to yourself and just sit on your own somewhere, a cafe, a cinema etc
15) Don’t hide your passions, if people take the piss then they aren’t very nice people
16) Always wear more suncream than you think you will need, otherwise you end up with a peeling nose for weeks
17) Try the little pipe dreams you have, if they don’t work out then at least you tried and if they do then great!
18) It takes 13 years of begging to finally get a puppy
19) You can never have too many books, but you don’t always have the bookshelf space to store them
20) Being nice to people gets you a hell of a long way
21) Saying yes to more lets you in on new experiences, new people and more smiles
22) Filming yourself for YouTube or similar can do wonders for your self confidence and caring whether people film/photograph you
23) The people you are surrounded by can have the biggest influence on your happiness.