I just came across this tag today and thought it looked like a really fun one to do for Blogmas! The original is created by Jenniely, which was great fun to read! So here goes, if you’d like to take part, then consider yourself tagged.
1. Have you received an ARC and not reviewed it? ✔
I feel like I can explain this one. At the start of this year I was working in Waterstones, where we could request arcs in exchange for a review, so of course I requested quite a few and I haven’t gotten round to reading them all yet… but it’s fine because I don’t work there anymore! A book I will be reading and reviewing soon that I have been sent though is Coldmaker by Daniel A. Cohen, which I’m excited to get to, it looks perfect for winter!
2. Do you have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley?
I don’t actually use NetGallery, so this isn’t a good one for me to answer!
3. Have you rated a book on goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never followed through)
Usually my review on goodreads is the same as what is on my blog, so I can avoid this happening.
4. Have you folded down the page of a book? ✔
I can explain! I have a really old copy of Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, that is totally battered about because it’s from a charity shop. So if I didn’t have post it notes nearby, I did, yes, fold the pages with brilliant quotes on them.
5. Have you accidentally spilled something on a book? ✔
I eat near my books, so spills are inevitable… sorry pages!
6. Did you DNF a book this year? ✔
I don’t even know what books I DNF’d, I hate doing it, but yes I have done this to a few.
7. Have you bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it? ✔
I have the most beautiful edition of the Brother’s Grimm fairytales that I own because it’s stunning. I wrote about fairytales for my dissertation, so it was a reward after that, to remind myself of my hard work.
8. Have you read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework)?
Other than posting on my blog, I don’t have anything I have to do, so I tend to have free time in the evenings.
9. Have you skim read a book? ✔
Because I hate DNFing books, I will sometimes skim through to get to them end, I’m terrible I know!
10. Will you completely miss your Goodreads goal?
Okay I feel like I’ve cheated a little here, but to take away the stress, I changed my goal from 60, to 55. It wasn’t worth the pressure. This also means I only have to read one more book, which yes, I will do easily.
11. Have you borrowed a book and not returned it?
I don’t often borrow books, but if I do, I will always return them.
12. Have you broken a book buying ban?
I haven’t actually been on a book buying ban this year, probably because I know I would break it.
13. Have you started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about? ✔
I went through a whole stage of slacking on reviews, so this happened to me quite a bit! I don’t think I’ve caught up yet in fact…
14. Have you written in a book you were reading?
I would like to have the guts to write in a book, but alas, I do not.
15. Have you finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads?
I’m pretty good at keeping my goodreads up to date, so no I haven’t.
I scored 9 out of 15, so I guess I’m on the bookish naughty list…? Whoops!