1. How many books do you read at once?
I can only read one book at a time and listen to one on audible, otherwise I can’t split my time between them. I like to be able to completely focus on the book I’m reading!
2. If you’re reading more than one book at a time, how do you decide when to switch books?
See this is where the problem lies, how do you switch your time between the two?? I think I would have to just go with whichever one drew me in at the time of wanting to pick a book up. Or perhaps the shortest one so I could finish it and end the torture of reading more than one book at a time?
3. Do you ever switch bookmarks partway through the book?
No I don’t, choosing a bookmark for my book is like naming a pet, I wouldn’t change it mid way through it’s life span. I have so many bookmarks that I always try and choose one in keeping with the theme of the book.
4. Where do you keep the books you’re currently reading?
I keep my current read either by the side of my bed, on my person, or in it’s book-sleeve in my work bag to read on my lunch breaks.
5. What time of day do you spend the most time reading?
I mostly read before bed in the evening, in fact I tend to find it a struggle to fall asleep if I haven’t read before hand, it’s calming. At the weekends I’ll read in the afternoon too, but before bed is guaranteed! I like to try and read on my lunch break at work if I can, but I often find that 30 minutes isn’t enough time to get into my book.
6. How long do you typically read in one sitting?
I suppose around 45 minutes would be my ideal, enough time to get into the book properly and not want to put it down!
7. Do you read hardbacks with the dust jacket on or off?
I used to read them with the dust jacket on because I liked to look at the cover, but now I am a dust jacket off kinda lady. I don’t like to risk ripping it, which can happen really easily when I take my book to work everyday!
8. Which position do you mainly use to read?
I’m usually sat up in my bed or on my chair. I can’t read laying down, mainly because I can’t actually hold the book open properly and I find it majorly uncomfortable!
9. Do you take the book you’re currently reading with you everywhere?
I do if there’s a good chance I will actually read it, but I have a bad back so I have to decide if it’s worth the extra weight or not. I will always take my book with me to work, because I drive there, but I don’t always get a chance to read it. There’s always audiobooks on my phone though and I always have headphones!
10. How often do you update your Goodreads progress on the book you’re currently reading?
I’ll update my Goodreads at the end of each reading day, I like to use it to see where I am in a book. I also find it very pleasing to work towards completing my reading challenge for the year!
Okay that’s my answers! If you want to do this tag too then considered yourself tagged! But I also tag Tackfiction and TheLittleBookOwl 🙂